Wednesday 20 September 2017

Self Introduction

Subject: Self-introduction

Dear Mr Brad,

My name is Terence Ong and this is a formal introduction of myself. I graduated from Ngee Ann Polytechnic with a diploma in aerospace technology. Since young, I was fascinated by how things work and that curiosity has led me to obtain my diploma. When I was in the army, my primary job scope was handling networks and servers . This has sparked my interest in the Information Technology (IT) field and with my passion in engineering, I ended up in Telematics.

I feel that one of my strength is that I make people laugh. Hence I am good at small talks and ice breaking. I believe this is why some people will find me approachable.

My strength can also sometimes become my weakness. Because of my easy going character, I tend to make formal presentations informal. I feel that I am also bad at expressing myself. I tend to beat around the bush and find it difficult to get my point across to the listeners. I feel that being able to express oneself is an art and a skill which I fall short.

Thus, this is a really useful module for me to brush up my communication skills and to get my point across with ease. I look forward to learn as much as I can in this module to further upgrade myself.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Terence Ong



3 comments:

  1. Dear Terence,

    I believe that your strength will evidently be expressed throughout this module and identifying our weaknesses is the impetus for us to improve as we progress through these few weeks.

    Your letter sounded personal yet in an appropriate depth in symmetry with the topic, allowing both recipient or readers alike to gain a well-defined understanding of your personality. Perhaps a minor suggestion would be to consolidate the second and third paragraph into one since they allude to a single main idea.

    Warm regards,
    Henry Tan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Terence

    After reading your introduction, I am in awe of the passion you've shown. It is amazing to be able keep a passion from dying and another to be able to keep the passion burning. From your great passion of engineering, I have been inspired to find my own passion. I hope that you may help me regarding this point. As for your strength, I feel that you should use that as a potential leverage during your interview for work. It is a vital skill to have in the working world, especially in the current landscape whereby group projects are the core of the working world. Your weakness could be problematic, however I feel that with careful management it could be prevented.

    Warm Regards
    Pui Leng

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Terence,

    Thank you for this clear and concise letter. In it we learn quite about your technical experience, both in terms of study and work. From what you describe, it is clear that your study at SIT is appropriate for you, and that you will have a lot to offer your coursemates.

    You also describe well your communication skills and challenges. (Being able to make people laugh is not a skill to be taken lightly!) You also have set clear goals for the module.

    In terms of your language use, this letter is quite fluent, but there are a couple issues to take note of:

    1) Dear Mr Brad >>> ?

    2) overuse of capitalization _ see https://owl.english.purdue.edu/engagement/2/1/42/

    3) I feel that being able to express oneself is an art and a skill which I fall short. >>> I feel that being able to express oneself is an art and a skill IN which I fall short.

    I look forward to working with you this term.

    Brad

    ReplyDelete